The unattended installation of the LWP does not work with the new hardware being supplied bij CentralPoint. As a temporary workaround here are instructions for doing the installation "attended":
- Download de Ubuntu Desktop iso file
- Create a bootable USB stick on Windows
- Boot from the usb stick and do the standard Ubuntu Desktop installation. Durig the installation make sure the root partition (/ = root) is at least 120GB.
When the installation is done and Ubuntu starts for the first time, do not login right away, but do the following:
Login with the account you've created during the installation:
- sudo -i
- sed -i.bak 's/home/admin/' /etc/passwd
- mv /home /admin
- exit #Yes, again!
Login again with the account you've created during the installation:
- sudo -i
- apt install curl
- curl -s http://lwp130.lwp.rug.nl/menudo/remco/puppet | /bin/bash (password: iamsure)
- Choose "lightdm"
- Chose "Internet Site"
- Leave empty, just hit Enter
Now wait for the configuration to finish, this will take 30-45 minutes.