How to use Parted Magic
- Attention: With dual-boot installations the FIRST partition is always the Windows partition, so don't remove that if you want to keep Windows.
- At startup, press F12 to boot from the network.
- From the menu, choose Maintenance.
- Select Parted Magic and wait for it to start.
- On the desktop that appears, there should be a program called Partition Editor, open it.
Here you can now Add, Delete, Resize, Rename, Format, etc., partitions on your harddrive, by simply selecting the partition and editing it the way you want. Parted Magic has a great usage manual on their website here.
How to create a new partition table with Parted Magic
- Attention: This will also wipe the Windows partition.
- In the Partition Editor program the correct disk must be selected. For LWP this is the first disk, /dev/sda or /dev/nvme0n1. GParted automatically selects the first device from its list of detected devices. Use the drop-down list from the toolbar to choose the appropriate device drive if it is not the default selection.
- Next open the Device menu options and select Creat partition table....
- From the "Select new partition table type" drop-down list, select msdos and click Apply.
That's it, your entire disk has been wiped and a new partition table created. Now start a normal installation.