If you need space under /project, contact us with the following information:
- Name: What should we call that directory under /project?
If it's just personal, we can use your account name, or (a unique abbreviation of) your own name.
- Size: How much space do you need? If we need to set up an entire new server for you, especially consider the next question.
- Access: Do we open the directory for all LWP users? Or just for you? You can let individual other users in using NFS ACLs.
- Pay: Who is authorizing that use? (Cc: to supervisor, Demand Manager or whomever)
- Removal: When can we discard that data? If never, consider the next question.
- Succession: You are going to be the owner of that project directory. Three months after your account is revoked, we remove the data. If that should not happen, tell us whom to give it to.
Once we prepare the space for you, you can access it. Let's assume it is called 'mydir':
The following will fail because autofs won't know what to mount for you:
Let's say you have a project directory, but you want to collaborate with user p111222. Here's how you give her access:
$ nfs4_setfacl -a 'A::firstname.lastname@example.org:RWX' /project/mydir
More detailed information on the use of nfs4_setfacl can be found here.